Small and medium-sized businesses are vital to British Columbiaâ€™s economy. As part of StrongerBC, B.C.â€™s Economic Recovery Plan the Launch Online Grant program will invest up to $12 million to help small- and medium-size businesses throughout B.C. move their business model online.
The funds must be used to hire B.C.-based company(ies) to do the online store development.
SmallBiz Web Design can definitely help you develop an online store for your business.
Funding will help cover up to 75% of costs for expenses such as:
- Service provider costs:
- Platform and website development
- Copy and online content writing
- Developing an online inventory of goods and products
- Pictures (including hiring a photographer), stock photos or related graphics needed
- Digital customer costs:
- E-commerce platform subscription (up to 1 year)
- Online advertising (up to 1 year)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Creating banners and other embedded advertising
- Staff training to manage the online shop, learn about digital marketing, etc.
Successful applicants must use one or more B.C.-based service provider(s) to build or improve their online store. The only non-B.C.-based eligible expenses include:
- Platform subscription costs
- Purchase of online photos and graphics
- Purchase of online promotional space such as Facebook ads
Mandatory online shop features
At the end of the 12-weeks your online shop will need to have:
- Customer registration and information security features
- Shopping cart and order management capabilities
- Payment processing options including taxes and shipping costs at time of ordering
- Product catalogue, search and inventory status
- Website analytics and reporting capabilities
The program application has three steps
Develop a grant proposal that indicates how you plan to use the funds. Businesses need to show a cost estimate that includes how much funding you need and how the money will be spent.
Complete the online application demonstrating that you meet the eligibility criteria and submit your online shop proposal.
Applicants will be contacted within three weeks with the outcome of their application.
How SmallBiz Web Design can Help?
If you are eligible for this grant, you need to develop a grant proposal that indicates how you plan to use the funds. Businesses need to show a cost estimate that includes how much funding you need and how the money will be spent.
SmallBiz Web Design can help you customize your grant proposal for free. If the grant is awarded, we will be your service provider and deliver a website within the required timeline. If the grant is not awarded, there is no further obligation.Â