Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click the "Â +Â " sign to see the answers.
How to get started? What is the process involved in creating a website?
Our process is designed to be very straightforward and simple:
- Tell us about your business & send us your website content (text & images) with Online Request Form
- Sign up a website hosting plan based on our discussion and agreement
- We create a demo site based on your specific requirements and provided logo, images and text content
- You review the demo of your website and we continue working on the website based on your feedback
- Once you approve the demo website, we install your website on the live-server with your domain
- You pay for the one-time setup fee at this point based on your package
- We provide you step-by-step instructions on how to update the content of your website through a Content Management System (CMS)
How long does it take to design a website?
There are many factors involved such as how quickly the client supplies content, revisions, approvals, etc. More complicatedÂ websites tend to take more than one month. However, we work harder than anyone else and we guarantee your website will be up and running within 2Â or 4Â weeks, after you have provided all the necessary text content and pictures to be used on the website.
What if I have already had a domain name?
Thatâ€™s totally fine. We will tell you how to direct your old domain name to our server. It is very simple to do so.
Can I change the content of my website by myself?
Yes you definitely can.Â A user-friendly Content Management System(CMS) is provided to manage your website content. You can easily update your website content (text and images) anytime and anywhere. No programming skills are needed to do so.
Do I need to buy or learn any software or programming skills?
Most companies will ask you to build a website yourself using complicated software or programs. With SmallBiz Web Design we do all the work for you! Simply send us the content you want and our team will create a custom website and communications tool to help you attract more customers and establish a professional image.
Do you charge any installation (set-up) fee?
Yes. With our free web design special promotion, a small one-time setup fee ($300~$900) applies, depending on the complicity of the project. Please refer to Design Packages.
What forms of payment do you accept?
SmallBiz Web Design provides an integrated solution for online payments â€“ meaning that you can pay for your web project by using your credit card or PayPal account if you have one. For more info, please visit Payment Methods.
What are your payment terms?
- Payment for the web hosting package is required in one yearly payment, on commencement of project and due before project starts.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- The website hosting plan is an annual subscription through PayPal. Your hosting plan will be auto-renewed every 12 months via PayPal on the due date
The hosting plan covers 12 months website hosting. What happen after 12 months?
You will receive an email notification one month before the expiry date. You have the option to renew or not renew for another 12 months. If you subscribed an automatically-renewed hosting package, you can log into your PayPal account to cancel the subscription or you can request us to cancel the subscription for you. You have to do so before the due date.
What if I donâ€™t want to renew the hosting plan after 12 months?
If you want to move to another hosting company, you may take your domain name and the content (text and images) originally provided by you. However, you will not be able to take the website design due to software copyright. You will have to ask another company to redesign a new website for you.
Creating a website has never been so fun.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your inquiry.